Pet Poisoning Alert: Acetaminophen! Although acetaminophen (Tylenol) is a common pain reliever for humans, it is very dangerous for your pet. When dogs and cats ingest acetaminophen – either accidentally or because their pet owner inadvertently gave it to them, they can develop poisoning at low doses. The severity of acetaminophen poisoning depends on the species, as dogs and cats develop different clinical signs and problems with poisoning. Mary shares more details on this warning, as well as why and how to microchip your pet, and a cat who likes to go to school.